Friday 10 April 2009

More Tale-pieces

On the last post Eliza said: "Those images must be small! Are they only one or two inches wide? I want to see the one with the kid sending the infant into the river! It sounds hilarious!" Well Eliza, I've taken a few pix of my Tale-pieces catalogue to show you the scale and also the pic I mentioned (click on it to enlarge). I'm so fascinated with this man I've ordered Jenny Uglow's, Nature's Engraver: A Life of Thomas Bewick; it was said he could draw figures on his thumbnail with a pencil!



Photographs © Memoirs of the Celebrated Mrs Woffington.

Subscribe now!

1 comment:

Eliza Ward said...

Haha! Thank you! Wow, those really are very small. The child whipping the dog and cat looks more like an adult.. but then, the baby is almost the same the size as the house, so it's kind of hard to tell.